About the Events Team
The events team at Seattle Virtual ATC works hard to keep our community fun, interactive, and educational.
This page provides a brief overview of the team and what they do.
We coordinate multi-player group flights with ATC staffing, large/group training scenarios, partnerships with other simulation communities, and occasionally have guest speakers in our Teamspeak server.
The events team also coordinates with FlightSimCon staff every year to confirm our attendance at the largest simulation conference in North America, if not the world.
- Group Flight
- Within the Group Flight category, we focus on concentrating traffic along a particular route or airspace. Examples include:
- Mass Migration: Pilots are encouraged to fly between two or more selected airport pairs. Normally, ATC service is guaranteed throughout the event. Events vary in distance and preferred aircraft type, but normally shorter than a 1.5 hour flight.
- Airspace Overload: This "pack-the-pattern" type event is accompanied with guaranteed ATC service. Pilots are encouraged to conduct practice approaches to fill the airspace to capacity.
- Cross Community Flight (CCF): The Cross Community Flight is a series of events where multiple simulation communities, such as Seattle Virtual ATC join together in a massive group flight as a way to increase member interaction across the simulation industry.
- The Training events are designed to encourage continued aviation education amongst all members.
- ATC Rating: In order to certify a controller on a new position, they must demonstrate what they've learned in a high traffic scenario. Pilots may voluntarily coordinate with the ATC instructor to fly specific routes and aid in the certification process.
- Ground School: To promote continued education, we may host aviation lectures in the Teamspeak server, talking about accident statistics, flight paths, regulations, flying best practices, and more.
- Guest Speaker: The Events team may coordinate an aviation professional to give a talk about the industry in a live session over group video chat or in our teamspeak server.
- Real World
- Occurring usually once per year, Seattle Virtual ATC members will get together in person. This event often coincides with FlightSimCon, the largest simulation conference in North America. SvATC members staff a booth, demonstrating our community to conference attendees in addition to other activities throughout the weekend.
About the Events Website
The SvATC events website was created as a way to increase awareness of group flights, large training sessions, and other pre-coordinated activities within the SvATC community. As we expect the Events website to experience higher traffic, we wanted to design it with mobile devices in mind to create a versatile, and visually pleasing experience. Over the next year, we plan on re-designing the main website to be mobile friendly as well.
Events will be posted on this website before they are publicly announced anywhere else, so keep coming back to stay up to date with the Seattle Virtual ATC community!