SvATC Forums

What does everyone's setup look like?

ChrisB

• Social Media, Events, Moderator. Member since 2016
What does everyone's setup look like?
« on: December 25, 2016, 23:54 »
What kind of setup do you have for flying/ATC-ing?

I just have a Microsoft Sidewinder joystick a friend gave me and a Logitech G602 mouse which has a lot of side buttons, great for whispering in Teamspeak.

--
Christopher Black
N420BLZ
Physically Present, Mentally Absent

beneidemthepilot

• SvATC Co-founder, Webmaster
  • Director of Air Traffic Control
    • Seattle vATC Website
Re: What does everyone's setup look like?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 03:26 »
I've got the Logitech Extreme 3D pro joystick, although it's 7 or 8 years now (wow, I've been a flight simmer for 8 years???) and starting to not calibrate properly. It's lived a good life for only 30 dollars and making multiple trips in my suitcase being thrown around airports by baggage handlers (i mean, ATC's with the wands).

I also own the Saitek yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, radio panel, and multifunction (landing gear, lights, magnetos) panel. However their drivers needed to be updated, and I didn't do that, and now they'e dusty and stuff and I'm too lazy to clean them :P

I highly suggest using a second monitor. I've got an actual monitor at home, and use my TV as a second monitor when I'm at school. I put the simulator on my primary display, and then use the second display for charts, teamspeak, ATC flight strips, etc.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 03:32 by beneidemthepilot »

ChrisB

• Social Media, Events, Moderator. Member since 2016
Re: What does everyone's setup look like?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 03:31 »
You're still using a cheapo joystick?! Mine was a gift buried deep from within a friend's dusty garage and it's worth more (retail value at least). And you study aviation from crying out loud
--
Christopher Black
N420BLZ
Physically Present, Mentally Absent